Thursday, April 15, 2010

Eternal Investments

Discipline: a branch of knowledge; a system of rules of conduct or method of practice;

Investment: the commitment of something with the expectation of some worthwhile result

Last night at service Brandon Dumas spoke on Luke 16:1-13 and I have been thinking about it all morning. I am in a weird place right now. I just got married and am currently a graduate student and housewife. I have always worked hard wherever I was employed I strove to be the best and often times obtained it. Now I am at home and God is telling me to be still. Last nights message was about investing in things eternal but there was one part of the scripture that really stood out to me. Luke 16:12 states, "And if ye have not been faithful in that which is another man's, who shall give you that which is your own?" As I was praying today God laid on my heart you have been faithful in that which was another man's now I am giving you some of your own. WOAH!! Me?!

So here I am sitting at home wondering what to do with myself. I have unloaded and unpacked I prepare meals and wash clothes, I clean up the house. Then I start to think what would I do it I were at work. Well I would be diligent I would give my best I would want to fight for promotion and recognition. Then it hit me.......Why aren't I that way with God. I invested my time and energy into the work place years expecting a return every two weeks but what about an hour a day with God uninterrupted. What about acting on the promises He has spoken on my life, what about basking in his presence all day, or taking care of His temple, my body. Oh this message on investment humbled me.

God's word is true and sound. If you work hard for another God will give you what is yours the question I pose is when He gives it to you will you be ready?

1 comment:

  1. You Blogged!!! I love hearing what you have to say. You are such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete