Friday, March 18, 2011

Words of Wisdom

This few days I spent at a spa with my mom, grandmothers, great grandmothers, and aunts and I wanted to share with you some bits of wisdom I picked up.

1. Never apologize for being you for being who God called you to be. You are fearfully and wonderfully made. So shrink for no one, hold your head high. Psalm 139:14

2. Don't be afraid. Fear manifest itself in many ways for some people they have to do everything under the sun because they are afraid of feeling inadequate, or they are afraid it won't get done if they don't do it themselves. Others may be so paralyzed by failure they don't try which limits their potential and the impact they could have on others. 2 Timothy 1:7

3. Perfection is being exactly who God has called you to be. There are no perfect circles in nature, there are no straight lines but everything fits. Nature exudes God's glory because every plant and creature is doing just what it was created to do. The only way we can reach perfection is to operated in the gifts and anointing that God has given us individually. 1 Kings 8:61

4. Worship is unique. Sure we worship together in church with music and hands raised. However, on your own, the way you communicate with God is unique to you. Some worship through the discovery of science, uncovering God's mysteries and sharing it with the world. Some worship through dance, moving freely to exalt The Creator. How you worship may look completely different than anyone else. God knows you and understands your worship completely. John 4:24

God,
Thank you for your revelation and the legacy you have given me. May this wisdom be passed down not only to and through my children but through the children of those who read this. I love you, I thank you.
Amen

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I just got your comment on my blog regarding using ribbon on your nursery walls. I didn't see an email address and wasn't sure if you'd return to see my comment, so here I am!

    To answer your question, no, I didn't have any difficulty with the ribbon changing color or bleeding. The mom of two in me needs to caution you that the ribbon could come loose if not enough starch is used and also will come down with a simple tug. My suggestion is to hang it high enough that your child would not be able to reach it.

    Good luck, let me know if you have any other questions.

    ReplyDelete