Wednesday, August 12, 2009

God and the Necklace

I was just in my sisters bathroom looking on the counter at this 14 ct gold necklace with an anchor chain that I had since I was 15. I mean I wore this necklace everyday! I gave her the chain a month back and here it was lying in makeup and hair ties.

I started to feel hurt until I thought about God, then I smiled. Here God gave is His only son and we put Him amongst out obligations and desires. He is supposed to be close to our heart, where He is easily accessible and seen, yet me take Him off so to speak when we desire putting Him on during special occasions; trials, tribulations,and hard times.

I also smiled because it being where it is, on the counter amongst the things she uses daily. She wears it often and keeps it handy. I think we do that with God too, we keep Him handy among the things we do often. So I challenge you today take God off the counter and wear Him boldly so you can feel Him against your heart and others can see Him upon you. Be blessed

1 comment:

  1. I do wear it alot..but I will also learn to take more care of it..I know that it means a lot you and for that reason it should mean a lot to me..I love you so much and am so happy that you are blogging again

    ReplyDelete