Monday, August 17, 2009

Wicked blessings

I woke up this morning with an extra pep in my step and I read Psalm 73. How many of us have felt this way?

Psalm 73:1-9 A Psalm of Asaph. Truly God [is] good to Israel, To such as are pure in heart. But as for me, my feet had almost stumbled; My steps had nearly slipped. For I [was] envious of the boastful, When I saw the prosperity of the wicked. For [there are] no pangs in their death, But their strength [is] firm. They [are] not in trouble [as other] men, Nor are they plagued like [other] men. Therefore pride serves as their necklace; Violence covers them [like] a garment. Their eyes bulge [fn] with abundance; They have more than heart could wish. They scoff and speak wickedly [concerning] oppression; They speak loftily. They set their mouth against the heavens, And their tongue walks through the earth.

I have felt that. Here I am doing all I can when those who don't seek after God seem to have everything. Then Asaph and us snap back to reality verse 21 - 28 says, Thus my heart was grieved, And I was vexed in my mind. I [was] so foolish and ignorant; I was [like] a beast before You. Nevertheless I [am] continually with You; You hold [me] by my right hand. You will guide me with Your counsel, And afterward receive me [to] glory. Whom have I in heaven [but You]? And [there is] none upon earth [that] I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart fail; [But] God [is] the strength of my heart and my portion forever. For indeed, those who are far from You shall perish; You have destroyed all those who desert You for harlotry. But [it is] good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, That I may declare all Your works.

I hope this is a blessing God loves us and He blesses us by simply being. I love you be blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment