Thursday, August 6, 2009

What are you going to harvest?

I was talking to a friend of mine about farming. You see when farmers plant a seed they go out, check on it, water it, cultivate it, and give it room to grow. They do this because they are expecting a harvest.

So I ask you what are the seeds in your life? Your friends, family, relationships, finances, work, or church. How are you watering these seeds, I sometimes personally water my seeds with the word of God, but also with a little doubt, impatience, stress, worry, anger even jealousy.

A true farmer would only water his seeds with the best. He goes out of his way to make sure the soil is just so even making sure the blend of nutrients in the water in compatible for the seed. Then he cultivates this is hard back breaking work bending over in the hot sun to weed! I will pass, I mean I really do from time to time, pass I mean. Sometimes relationships get hard, work gets boring and I really want that new pair of shoes rather than practicing discipline.

Oh, but the harvest! Farmers look forward to this the part where they see the fruits of their labor, well so do we. Yet we get disappointed with the fruit is small or has few seeds. We need to be more disciplined I need to be more disciplined so that my harvest will be plentiful. So I ask you what are your seeds and based on how you tend to them what do you expect to grow?

No comments:

Post a Comment