Monday, July 6, 2009

Created by GOD or Child of GOD

Romans 8:14-17 "For as many as are led by the Spirit of GOD, they are the sons of GOD. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of GOD: And if children, then heirs; heirs of GOD, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with [him], that we may be also glorified together."

Growing up we all heard the happy songs and stories that told us we are all GOD's children. The Bible however tells us different, we are all created by God of course but in order to be children of GOD we have to be led by His spirit. Now there are a lot of us who are saved out there who aren't walking in spirit led lives. I don't want to be just another creation I want God to know me as His child.

Being a child of God has perks, you get to be an heir. An heir is a person who is entitled by law or by the terms of a will to inherit the estate of another. I want to inherit the state of GOD with Christ. Now the not so pretty side is that in order to inherit your blessings you have to suffer with Christ. Now I don't mean the trials you go through for being disobedient I mean when you are being persecuted for who you are. I write this because it is important for me that the people I love become children of GOD. Life is but for a moment but the decisions you make effect you into eternity. If you know people who are creations of GOD talk to them about becoming children of GOD before its to late.

No comments:

Post a Comment