Thursday, July 2, 2009

Well its not Really Sin.........

Acts 5:1-11 But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession, And kept back [part] of the price, his wife also being privy [to it], and brought a certain part, and laid [it] at the apostles' feet. But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back [part] of the price of the land? Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God. And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things. And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried [him] out, and buried [him]. And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in. And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much. Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband [are] at the door, and shall carry thee out. Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying [her] forth, buried [her] by her husband. And great fear came upon all the church, and upon as many as heard these things.

Reading this people make think the sin was that Ananias and Sapphira didn't give there all. When really it was that they lied about what they gave. Had they come and said here is our offering that we have to give that would have been fine but they instead were trying to make it seem like they gave their all. There are so many of us who walk around like, "I'm OK God knows my heart", or "I do the best that I can." I have to challenge you on that today are you really doing your best? Please remember as I am speaking to you I am speaking to me.

Let me be transparent for a moment. My problem is justifiable sin. Its OK to watch TV for a few hours I have been with God all day. When God has told me to set apart time for Him. Its OK to spend this money on this and that when I know I haven't paid my tithes FIRST. Now I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with watching TV but there is a problem with disobedience.

Acts 4:29 And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word,

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. " -Benjamin Franklin

Do you ever notice that when God is about to do something in you, your issues, sins and addictions start to creep up. The enemy tries to use the same thing he used last time to keep you where you are. So don't leave room for threats. If you are in a situation where there is gray area in your life that leaves an open door for the enemy to attack. It has to be all the way God or all the way the enemy. We in a spiritual battle I see it with my friend he is so close to getting everything God promised him. That's all I got, have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment