Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Way We Speak

This is something that my friend and I have been talking about for a long time. Genesis 1:26-27 Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all [fn] the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth." "So God created man in His [own] image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them."

Four times in these two verses God says He created three of those times He said he created us in His likeness. How does God create? Genesis 1:3 Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light." God creates by speaking.

Mark 11:22-23 So Jesus answered and said to them, "Have faith in God. For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.

God has given us the power and authority to move mountains. There is a fresh anointing that is falling and there are too many people on the sidelines watching. It is time to be apart of, it is time to get in the game. It is time to get things right with God and start speaking into the life of yourself and others. What I have started doing with my co-workers and friends is have them check the way I speak, because I speak things into existence. I need not say, I am so stressed I have to much to do, I replace that with All things work together for good for those who love God. It may seem petty and small but if you take the time out to start that habit not only does it build face but you will see the things you speak manifested in your life.

John 14:12 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater [works] than these he will do, because I go to My Father." There is freedom in Christ from worry, sickness, and disease. We preach that, we sing it but it is time we start living it in our lives. I hope this provoked thought. Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment