Saturday, May 16, 2009

Are you Glad you didnt get it?

I woke up this morning and was singing in the shower the song that was on my heart goes like this, "I seek your face in the morning when I wake up until I lay down at night...." I started to think of all the things I asked God for and how He responded. I was overwhelmed with gratefulness and so thankful. Glad that He didn't make me a wife to those I wanted, that He gave me amazing opportunities while closing doors to others, that no matter how far I strayed He never took His eyes off me. Have you ever been grateful like this?

Here are some examples where God said, "No." Read them and leave you thoughts

1 Kings 19:14 And he said, I have been very jealous for the LORD God of hosts: because the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, [even] I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away.

2 Kings 2:11 And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, [there appeared] a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

Im sure Elijah was glad God did not answer that prayer of his.

There are more examples where prayers were not answered due to sin but this is about being thankful that God says no.

And God Said No
I asked God to take away my pride. And God said "No".
He said it was not for Him to take away, but for me to give up.

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole. And God said "No".
He said her spirit was whole, her body was only temporary.

I asked God to grant me patience. And God said "No".
He said patience is a by-product of tribulations. It isn't granted, it is earned.

I asked God to give me happiness. And God said "No".
He said He gives me blessings, happiness is up to me.

I asked God to spare me pain. And God said "No".
He said suffering draws me apart from worldly cares and brings me closer to Him.

I asked God to make my spirit grow. And God said "No".
He said I must grow on my own. But He will prune me to make me fruitful.

I asked for all things that I might enjoy life. And God said "No".
He said He will give me life, that I may enjoy all things.

I ask God to help me love others, as much as he loves me.
And God said "Ah, finally you have the idea!"

Copyright © Claudia Minden Weisz (the mother of a Rett Syndrome child)

[Graham Pockett]
Graham Pockett

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad God said "No" to me more than a few times. If he hadn't I wouldn't have the wonderful blessings I am experiencing today.

    ReplyDelete