Thursday, May 21, 2009

Submission

Often times people may look at submittion between a man and his wife. However, there are many ways God asks us to submit, single,married, widowed, or divorced. Lets look at what it means to submit. To submit means to give over or yield to the power or authority of another it can also mean, to present for the approval, consideration, or decision of another or others: to submit a plan; to submit an application.

Lets explore the first definition to give over or yield to the power of authority. Proverbs 13:13 states, "He who despises the word will be destroyed, but he who fears the commandment will be destroyed." This scripture deems we submit to the word of God. Genesis 27:8 states, "Now therefore, my son, obey my voice according to what I command you." We need to submit to the voice of God.

Now the second definition is interesting as well to submit a plan; to submit an application there are scriptures that tell us to do that as well. Romans 12:1 states, "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service." We not only have to submit to God but we have to submit our selves to God. We can also submit our ideas to God Habakkua 2:2 says, "Then the LORD answered me and said: "Write the vision And make [it] plain on tablets, That he may run who reads it."

There are also rewards for submission
Gen 26:24-25 "And I will make your descendants multiply as the stars of heaven; I will give to your descendants all these lands; and in your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed; because Abraham obeyed My voice and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and My laws."

How do you feel about submission? In what areas do you need to submit?

1 comment:

  1. Submission means laying down your will for the desire or the will of others. It's yielding your right of way, so to speak.

    ReplyDelete