Wednesday, June 17, 2009

"Christians"

Webster Dictionary Describes the word Christian as follows.

1Chris·tian Listen to the pronunciation of 1Christian
Pronunciation:
\ˈkris-chən, ˈkrish-\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
Latin christianus, adjective & noun, from Greek christianos, from Christos
Date:
1526

1 a: one who professes belief in the teachings of Jesus Christ b

So I was thinking.......what makes a Christian a Christian? In the 60's even the 70's Christians were a people that were set apart, who choose to follow the teachings of God and abide by them. What is a Christian now? Someone who believes God? Someone who is baptized? Someone who goes to church? How can you tell if someone is a Christian? By the way they carry themselves? By where they go? By what they talk about? By who they surround themselves with?

Please don't think I'm getting on my soap box I'm talking to me too. I am a "Christian." I put it in parenthesis because to me that represents me being saved but living a life God convicted me of. I would listen to everything but Godly music all day, I would curse, I would be fast all things that I know God convicted me of but that I didn't want to give up. I think everyone has there own journey for some they may be so "Christian" that they gossip, or are judgmental, some are disobedient even in the little things God tells them to do. So lets look back up at the definition. A Christian is one who professes belief in the teachings of Jesus Christ. What does it mean to profess. To profess means to declare in words or appearances only. We do a whole lot of professing not so much appearing.

Whats the difference between a "Christian" and a really nice atheist. Honestly nothing until they tell you. What should be the difference? Power. We are in a spiritual war. I find the closer I get to God and the more He elevates me, the more the enemy attacks, but Christians have power through the blood of Jesus Christ and the wisdom of His word. We don't want to be so lax that when we realize that we are in the heat of the battle not only do we have to find our weapon but when we do we don't know how to use it.

John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have [it] more abundantly.

Rev 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
Rev 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

That's a dangerous place to be with the theif who's purpose you know because our works are luke warm. I want to be piping hot!

For those looking for a fresh anointing read Acts it will get you pumped.
If you seek the voice of God read Joshua.
If you feel you have turned away from God and want to be hot again read Luke 15.
I hope I gave you something to think about. God Bless.

1 comment:

  1. Great information, as always you have giving me something to think about. Thank You

    Be Blessed and Courageous!

    ReplyDelete