Thursday, June 11, 2009

Good Morning Daddy

Yesterday I was talking to a friend about the way God looks at us. She felt as if God puts us through test and judges us. That to fear God means to literally fear Him. That was true with God in the old testament before we were able to have a relationship with Him. Now God looks at us and sees Himself in us. When I was talking about this I was reminded of my earthly father. He is so proud of me, when he talks about me he says, "Look at my baby girl she is so smart! 22 and in grad school." He never says, "Look at my baby girl 22 and in grad school! Which is really good considering her grades were never that good." Psalms 103:12 states, "As far as the east is from the west, [so] far hath he removed our transgressions from us." He no longer sees our flaws.

I think God loves us how parents love their children He watches us get close to the fire sometimes after He has told us not to touch it. He lets us build and play with things and when they fall He offers some direction but He doesn't just do it for us. He chastises us but its like when your a kid and you do something wrong, you fear your parents punishment, you fear that spanking or time out. If you are moved by the love parents have for their children how much more does God love you. Your His favorite. So as you go through your day make sure you take time to say Hi to daddy.
God Bless

1 comment: