Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Skydiving

This past weekend I went sky diving. It was amazing I was strapped to a professional and we just dipped out of a plane at 15,000 feet. Now only the first 30 to 60 seconds were scary but once that parachute opened it was amazing to see the amazing works of God. The mountains and lakes, the terrain.

Well this is also how it is when you start truly walking in the things of God. At first its scary are people going to understand? Will your friends look at you differently? Once you get in the grove of it though you are truly able to see the beauty God has created.

A friend and I were talking the other day about how powerless we Christians have become. We conform in every aspect of our lives. We have been desensitized when it comes to sex, our idea toward drugs is that's you not me. Homosexuality is normal and everything is everyone else's fault.

You used to be able to tell the Christians by their works. John 14:12 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater [works] than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father." I have yet to see Christians in the streets performing miracles and leading people to salvation. Where more than capable I guess the question is do we really want to.

You are supposed to be able to tell Christians by their works even now. I challenge you this week to look, really look at your self and say how can people tell I am a Christian, how can they tell that I am different. We are supposed to lead others to salvation but if you look like them how will they know you know the way?

No comments:

Post a Comment