Monday, June 8, 2009

No Limits

In church lately everyone has been talking about being radical for Jesus. Going out and performing miracles. What does that take? Being saved, having a relationship with God. Then why don't we do it. We have become so comfortable with making everyone comfortable that we become lax on our own beliefs. Do we really want to perform miracles? Do we want to give up our comfort? Peace? Freedom? Do we want to have people knocking on our door asking to be healed, asking how they can be saved, how they can have peace? In reality the answer is no. Once we come to grips with what we are willing to do and what we aren't willing to do once we are honest with ourselves we can lay it all at the feet of God and tell Him to have His way. What a grand gesture to say God even though I don't want to do this if you want me to do this then I will.

I was talking with a friend yesterday and we were talking about Isreal's song "No Limits." It struck me we want God to take the limits but what about the limits we have placed on Him in our lives. Lord I want a husband, but I don't want to give up sex. God I want to be financially free but I don't want to walk in my purpose. Lord I want the ram in the bush but I don't want to make the sacrifice. How are we having true faith in Him when we take no risks?

Be willing! God I am willing to be lonely for a time because you are my comforter, I'm willing to give up my job and walk in my calling because you are my provider, I'm willing to cut off this person/thing/situation because I know you will make a way. So today, this week, this year, this lifetime I want to encourage you to take the limits off.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment